It’s Pumpkin season, and you want in on the flavor while still having healthy habits. Then this recipe is for you! We whipped up a healthy and delicious pumpkin protein oatmeal recipe which will be for you to start your day or even get you fired up for your training session.
Whether your goal is to lose weight, gain muscle, maintenance, or just to be healthier then you need a healthy protein packed breakfast with complex carbs for sustainable energy. Below are all the ingredients and instructions you need to get into the Pumpkin season the right way!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice or water or a mix
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 scoop Vanilla or flavor of choice protein powder
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the oats and almond milk. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until oats are cooked through. Make sure to use a large bowl as the oats do bubble up.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. Stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, salt, protein powder. Adjust pumpkin pie spice to taste and serve topped as desired.
- You can add nuts, seeds, yogurt or even reddi whip for an extra sweetness!
Give this recipe a try and tag us on social media!