Leading into warmer weather with summer or just health goals in mind, remember it is all about balance! You can probably find some healthier egg dishes at Easter Brunch but the sides and desserts are a killer! So instead take the initiative and bring something a little healthier and be he example!
This Healthified Carrot Cake Bread is quick and easy to make. It does not have icing and uses less sugar but you will not miss it with how fluffy and moist it is!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 12 slices
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened, plus more for pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped & toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a bread pan generously.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer cream sugar and butter together until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Add greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Using a spoon fold in the carrots and the well drained crushed pineapple.
- Stir in the wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with toasted pecans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.
- Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- wet and stir until combined. Do not over stir. Add to prepared bread pan and top with toasted pecans.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack for further cooling.
Serving: 1 slice, recipe makes 12 slices