Sweet Potato Casserole - Delicious and Diet Friendly!
Sweet potato casserole is delicious, and on many Thanksgiving tables! Many of these casseroles have 500 to 600 calories! That’s just 1 serving! Though it does have all the benefits of sweet potatoes, it is usually packed with extra sugar and fat from butter, cream or milk.
Don't worry… we got your covered with this DELICIOUS healthier Sweet Potato Casserole that everyone will love! And it only has 164 calories! If you make it, post it and tag us!
Healthier Sweet Potato Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1hr 40minutes
- 2lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 TBS butter (or coconut oil, Earth Balance or Ghee) melted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Extra salt, cinnamon and sugar optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and bake until soft (about 60-90 minutes)
- Once sweet potatoes are done, remove from ove, cut in half and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the skins and set sweet potatoes aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F.
- Using a blender or food processor blend sweet potatoes with applesauce until smooth.
- Add melted butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans and a little extra salt, sugar, and cinnamon if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes begin to slightly bubble and topping is slightly browned
Calories per serving: 164
Fat: 12 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Get our 7 Day Head Start E-book for FREE!Just sign up to receive the latest news, offers, & promotions