Leg Strength Secrets
Leg Day: What You Need to Know
There are a lot of jokes about how you shouldn't skip leg day, and well, they're true. All too often, people will skip the real, hard work and only train their glamour muscles. When the shorts come on, though, it's easy to separate the athletes from the amateurs.
Big legs are a badge of honor, but they do a whole lot more than fill out your jeans. Improving leg strength will do wonders for improving your speed, strength and endurance.
Not only that, but your legs are a fat burning secret weapon. Your legs are the biggest muscles in your body, leaving ample square footage to pack lean muscle mass on to your frame.
That lean mass will spike your calorie and fat burning efforts around the clock because muscle mass takes calories to maintain. Another thing that spikes during heavy, intense leg workouts are your growth hormone levels. This creates an anabolic environment in your body, which equals out to muscle growth all over your body, not just your legs.
Ok, you get it, training legs is important. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Progress will be slower than in your smaller, glamor muscles. Do the work, lift heavy, and eat right, and your legs will grow like crazy – we promise.
- Guys: consider a testosterone or creatine supplement to up your power!
- Aim to reach failure with each set.
- Machines are a great training tool for legs because you can safely get to failure without fear of killing yourself.
- Train heavy legs hard once a week. This allows you to workout hard enough to get results, but gives you ample time to recover before the next one.
- And, of course, good form, always! Join the Shredz Fit Club for all the workout videos you can handle, FREE!
Get our 7 Day Head Start E-book for FREE!Just sign up to receive the latest news, offers, & promotions