Baked Oatmeal Squares
Enjoy this breakfast bar that is perfect for anyone looking to get a healthy kick-start to their day!
This recipe makes 12 squares
3 cups rolled quick oats
3 eggs – beaten
5 cups whole milk
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1.5 cups brown sugar
Method of Preparation:
- In a large pot combine the oats, milk, brown sugar and eggs.
- Mix well and simmer over a medium heat, stir this for about 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Add in the coconut and pumpkin seeds
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 15 inch lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes – until the corners are golden brown
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information: per serving
Calories:291 Protein: 9g Carbohydrates: 49g
Fat: 8g Fiber: 3g Cholesterol: 45mg
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERGet our 7 Day Head Start E-book for FREE!