Enjoy this sweet and healthy treat! Bring it to your next office party, girls night out or just make these “cookies” to enjoy the next time you have a sweet tooth!
This recipe makes 6 “cookies”
1 red apple – pink lady will work best
3 oz. peanut butter
2 oz. pecans – chopped and toasted
1 oz. shredded coconut
1 tbsp. agave nectar
Method of Preparation:
- Start by cutting the top and the bottom of the apple
- Using a sharp knife – cut a small circle in the middle and remove the core *you may use an apple corer if you have one
- Cut the apple into 6 equal slices. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside
- In a small sauce pan toss the nuts in and toast for 3 -7 minutes until fragrant
- Once toasted remove from the heat and chop to resemble crumbs
- Remove the apples from the water and pat dry and place on serving plate
- Spread the peanut butter evenly between the 6 slices, top with the toasted pecans and shredded coconut.
- Garnish with a drizzle of agave nectar
Nutritional Information: per cookie
Calories: 190 Protein: 5g Carbohydrates: 11g
Fat: 15g Fiber: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTERGet our 7 Day Head Start E-book for FREE!